5 points to consider when choosing a commercial property for rent in Belgium
1. Choosing the right commercial property for rent
Choosing a rented commercial space is one of the favorite steps for entrepreneurs as it represents the culmination of their project or a fresh start for their business.
Make your choice of commercial property for rent in Belgium based on several factors:
- The nature of your business
- The neighborhood (URL to other text) where the property is located: Are you looking for a commercial property for rent in Brussels, Namur, Anderlecht, Waterloo, Louvain-La-Neuve, etc.?
- The desire to develop the business in the near or distant future
- The presence of other businesses in the neighborhood: This will impact attractiveness, positively if they bring potential customers to the area, or negatively if they are competitors
- The accessibility of the property to your future customers: Ideally, it should be located near road access, public transportation, in the city center, etc.
- The foot traffic: Is it a heavily frequented street?
2. What activities are permitted in a commercial property?
A wide range of activities is allowed in commercial properties, encompassing various sectors. These activities include commercial, industrial, and artisanal endeavors. To engage in these activities, registration with the Chamber of Commerce is required. Commercial activity involves the purchase of goods for resale and the provision of commercial services.
3. Choosing the right location for your business rental
For renting a commercial property in Belgium, location is one of the most crucial factors as it determines the success of the business and its reputation. Conducting market research and identifying strategic locations is essential to ensure the success of your business. Also, inquire about the rental prices of neighboring businesses. Your commercial property should also integrate well with the neighborhood and align with its lifestyle.
4. What to do during property visits?
The time for property visits has arrived! Prepare yourself to visit the premises under the best possible conditions.
- Don't hesitate to ask any questions that come to mind
- Assess the condition of the property to avoid unpleasant surprises
- Determine if the space meets your needs and is suitable for your project
- Envision yourself and your business in the space
- Create a plan outlining possible layouts
- If the commercial property meets your expectations, all that's left is to sign the commercial lease agreement.
5. Understanding the concept of a commercial lease
Key information required for a commercial lease agreement when renting a commercial space includes:
- The identity and address of the landlord and tenant
- The type of business or activities to be conducted on the premises
- The rent amount and charges
- The rent payment method
- The right to lease renewal
- The amount of the security deposit
- The duration of the lease
- The lease termination process
You are now ready to find the ideal commercial property for rent. Take a look at our up-to-date list of available retail spaces, shops, premises, or businesses throughout Belgium, including Brussels, Wavre, Nivelles, Liège, Namur, Hasselt, Antwerp, Ghent, or Knokke.