Relocating to new office space in 6 steps
1. Before any relocation: Needs analysis
This first stage makes it possible to guide decisions that will be made by clearly establishing your requirements in terms of office space:
- Where will your offices be located? Taking into account factors such as accessibility, visibility, proximity to clients or competitors.
- What is the required surface area? Based both on your current requirements as well as future needs.
- What type of property will you opt for? In terms of size of floor space, image and technical performance.
- And finally, are you looking to buy or lease? With regard to leasing, what is the desired lease duration and what flexibility do you require? The budget must be established and all costs related to the fit out clearly identified.
2. Scan the market
The real estate advisor you choose will present a comprehensive selection of properties available on the market. According to the information the advisor will provide, you can select the properties you wish to view and with their support, carry out your viewings in an effective manner.
3. Establish a short list of properties for negotiation
Based on the criteria specified in the needs analysis, a qualitative analysis of the properties viewed will be prepared by your property advisor to facilitate ranking the properties in order of preference. It is then useful to draw up a block planning on some of the best-ranked properties.
4. Key elements for conducting negotiations
A Request for Proposal is sent to each of the owners of the properties selected. Their responses according to the various criteria set out in step 1 as well as their financial proposals are examined. After negotiation of the financial and technical conditions as well as the terms of lease, the lease is then drafted, finalised and signed.
5. After the move, now is the time to think about fitting out: the time and budget constraints
From the initial schedule of condition through to acceptance of works, the fit out must be coordinated with consideration for time, budget and quality. The architect and/or designer as well as the project manager play an important role in ensuring the success of your project.
6. Moving out, constraints and obligations
The coordination of your relocation must also take into account the obligations relating to the office space you are leaving.
Moreover, by vacating your previous premises on a timely basis, you gain financially!
It is also crucial that you don’t forget certain formalities (change of address, etc.) to ensure a successful transfer.
That’s it? Have you decided to relocate? Are you ready to start your search for office space to rent in Luxembourg, or do you have other matters to resolve? Contact us!